In Skin City, we offer Caslite technology for hair analysis. Caslite is the world’s most advanced hair and scalp diagnosis tool, used, tested and trusted by Dermatologists across the globe.
The unique caslite microscopic hair analysis offers a detailed investigation of hair condition and problems by allowing our specialists to :
- Keep patient records with their Images
- Do Norwood classification
- Calculate Hair Growth
- Calculate Hair Thickness
- Calculate Hair Density
- Calculate number of follicles required to cover the area of hair loss
- Do Scalp Analysis
- Do Skin comparison
- Graphically format a conclusion and patient scheduler.
Hair growth is a cyclical process. After completing the growth cycle, the hair falls out naturally and is replaced by the growth of new hair and the process goes on.There are basically 3 cycles that each hair follicle has to go through around 20 times in your life. These 3 phases are :
- ANAGEN: growing phase - The growing will continue for 3 to 7 years. Grows at the rate of half an inch a month.
- CATAGEN: transitional phase - Hair go into transitional phase of 2-4 weeks before going into resting phase.
- TELOGEN: resting phase - In the resting phase, lasting for 3 months, hair slowly fall off and are replaced by new hair.
There are many factors responsible for hair loss and differ in all individuals. At SkinCity, our specialists offer a thorough diagnosis of the root cause of hair loss:
- Androgeneticalopecia: It is the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women. A potent male hormone known as DihydroTestosterone (DHT) accumulates in your hair follicle and causes it to shrink and thin out through time. Genetics play a very crucial role in deciding whether you are susceptible to this condition.
- Hypothyroidism and other hormonal problems.
- Scalp infections such as dandruff, fungal infectionsetc.
- Prolonged illnesses such as typhoid fever, viral fever, after undergoing a major surgery, Chemotherapy and some medicationseg - excess of vitamin A.
- Nutritional deficiency of proteins, iron, vitamins.
- Severe stress – emotional or physical.
- Use of substandard hair-care products such as shampoo, dye, hair-gel etc.
- Unhealthy hair treatments and combing practices including hair-styleseg perming, straightening