Sweating is natural, it’s how our bodies naturally cool down.
While most of us sweat causally and during common times when our body temperature rises such as when nervous or when active, a person with Hyperhidrosis sweats anytime, no matter what.
Hyperhydrosis: A quick glance at the not so life-threatening, but life-altering condition.
Hyperhidrosis means excessive sweating. It is caused by an overactive sympathetic nerve, and it is a medical condition, but not life-threatening. This condition can make people feel embarrassed and isolated socially. Treatment can help facilitate a life free of the worry of excessive sweating.
About one in 50 people suffer from excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis, says research.
There are two likely reasons:
- The brain and nervous system are sending too many signals to sweat.
- Or, the nervous system is acting normally but sweat glands in a certain area are hyperactive.
How Do You Know You Have Hyperhydrosis?
Normal sweating to excessive sweating can be tricky to differentiate. Here’s how you’ll check hyperhydrosis symptoms:
- If you experience unexplained sweating at random times, even when the body is cool, you might want to diagnose it.
- Hyperhidrosis is normally most active in the hands, feet, armpits, and the groin.
- Constantly having sweaty palms or wet soles of the feet.
- You may sweat excessively due to an underlying health condition, such as obesity, gout, menopause, tumour, mercury poisoning, diabetes mellitus, or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
If you do have Hyperhydrosis, you may experience:
- Irritating and painful skin problems, such as fungal or bacterial infections
- Worrying about having stained clothing
- Reluctant to make physical contact
- Socially withdrawn, sometimes leading to depression
- Spend a large amount of time each day dealing with sweat, such as changing clothes, wiping, placing napkins or pads under the arms, washing, wearing bulky, or dark clothes
- Worry more than other people about body odour
Must Read: What Is Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)?
You may have lost hope. We think you’ll leave feeling optimistic again. There is a solution to your crisis!
To diagnosis hyperhidrosis, our skilled dermatologist at Skin City will conduct a physical examination while asking specific questions about your specific symptoms. A sweat test may be ordered, and if your symptoms are believed to be due to an underlying health concern, additional tests and other specialists may be required.
Secondly, the possible treatments for Hyperhydrosis
Older treatment such as antiperspirants only reacts superficially. You need newer and medically-backed treatments which show results, are long-lasting and that which clear the problem from the roots. Newer treatments, like miraDry, Botox injections, and lasers have started giving relief to those who never thought they’d find it.
Skin City Can Treat Hyperhydrosis!
Skin City India’s Zero Sweat Clinic provides a single permanent solution for Hyperhidrosis. We treat hyperhydrosis with “Laser Sweat Ablation” treatment which is a minimally invasive procedure that can be easily carried out using local tumescent anaesthesia. To begin, we perform a Starch – Iodine test to define the areas of hyperactive sweat glands. Then, the local tumescent anaesthesia is infiltrated in the treatment area. A small incision is made and a laser thread is then passed under the skin. A 1470 nm Diode laser is used in this treatment, which targets the water present in sweat glands and delivers heat energy which ablates the hyperactive sweat glands in the axillary area.
There is no downtime in this procedure and you can resume your daily activity the next day itself. Skin City India offers a permanent solution to your sweating problem.
Now many people may wonder isn’t it medically dangerous to block the sweat from under your arms. The answer is No. We have millions of sweat glands and our underarms represent a very small percentage of them. You’ll be able to cool off just fine by using all of the other sweat glands in your body.
If you have severe hyperhidrosis symptoms, always consult us to make sure there aren’t more serious medical conditions involved. It’s time to enjoy your freedom with our minimally invasive laser hyperhydrosis treatments. Schedule your appointment at our nearest Skin City Clinics.
You may also like to read, how we Treat Excessive Sweating and Odor with MiraDry & LSA Treatment.