Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP®) can help.
The fastest growing hair loss solution in modern history, scalp micropigmentation is becoming the treatment of choice for men and women who want to reverse the appearance of thinning hair.
What Is Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation treatments are a camouflage hair loss solution for men and women. For most treatments on men, SMP® involves replicating the appearance of shaven hair, by introducing thousands of tiny pigment deposits into the epidermis of the scalp. When placed by a skilled technician, the recipient appears as if they have a full head of hair shaved to a very short length, hiding the appearance of pattern baldness or even complete baldness.
You may want read also, All You Need To Know About Treatment, Side Effects & Cost
This remarkable hair restoration technique can be applied to a much wider range of hair loss variations than hair transplant surgery or other traditional hair loss remedies can. From general balding to the hairline recession, to burn or surgery related hair loss, and of course alopecia (most commonly alopecia areata); SMP shows promising results. It can be also utilized to conceal hair transplant scars or blemishes as a result of trauma to the head. The method can even be adapted to blend noticeable birthmarks into the scalp.
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) Side Effects
When it comes to any hair restoration treatment, there are always potential side-effects. Scalp micropigmentation offers no exception to this rule, with many of the most prominent physical side-effects similar to those associated with standard tattooing.
- You may experience soreness for a period following each treatment session, while your scalp may also be susceptible to continued bleeding and scabbing.
- In less severe cases, you may also experience itchiness on and around the affected areas, and this may cause significant irritation over a sustained period of time.
- A common side-effect of many types of surgery, post-surgical edema is essentially the build-up of fluid that causes swelling following surgery.
- Hair thinning in the treated area is common, which may cause concern for patients who are wary of losing hair in one area of the body just to remedy hair loss in another.
- Lichen Planopilaris (LLP) is an inflammatory hair disorder that results in excessive scar tissue forming in the transplanted area.
- You may experience numbness post the treatment. It is usually a temporary side-effect that fades over time as the body adjusts to the transplant.
- Typically appearing in the recipient area following extensive transplant activity, cysts can vary in size and will often be purple in color. These cysts are usually benign and will disappear after two or three weeks.
While the potential side-effects of hair transplants are numerous, it is still considered a relatively safe procedure. In most cases, the side-effects are temporary, though many can alter the patient’s cosmetic appearance and cause discomfort for a short amount of time. In terms of long-term side-effects, scarring of various forms is the most common and those who form keloid scars should avoid the procedure altogether.
Beyond the side-effects, those considering a hair transplant should consult with a physician beforehand and ensure they located hair transplant specialists so they are not placed at risk of hemorrhage or another injury during the procedure.
Why Choose Skin City?
Skin City has pioneered in SMP® treatment and is internationally recognized. What’s more, our experience, expertise and results are widely regarded as the best in the world. Those who are interested can begin benefitting from this procedure by scheduling an appointment for a consultation. Concealing baldness has never before been as safe, fast and reliable. This treatment is applicable not only to androgenic alopecia but upon other types of hair loss as well. It can provide permanent results over a consistent period of time. The pigments will tend to fade after about four to six years, depending on how it is maintained. It will not totally disappear however and these pigments will still be very noticeable upon the scalp.
A simple visit to the clinic is all that is required to refresh its colour. Many will agree that Skin City is the best choice for scalp micropigmention no matter which location it is in.