UNDER-EYE bags, dark circles and puffiness are complaints we hear about time and time again in the clinic. And it’s no surprise as in our opinion nothing is more ageing than looking as if you have a couple of bags of shopping under your eyes. In fact a dark circles and puffiness can make women look up to five years older than they really are.
Late-night deadlines and environmental toxins can stress the delicate skin around the eyes, causing puffiness and dark circles. A natural remedy that is an alternative to the old cucumber standby is green tea bags for dark circles. Loaded with antioxidants and plenty of tannins, green tea bags shrink swelling and reduce the fluids around the eyes.
How To Use Green Tea Bags For Dark Circles?
Using tea bags to help diminish the look of dark eye circles is one of those tried-and-true methods that actually work. For instance, the caffeine in green and black teas is great for tightening the skin, thus reducing the appearance of dark circles, while herbal teas are known to be incredibly soothing for certain eye conditions.
You can’t just grab two tea bags, place them on your eyes, and call it a day. You have to actually prepare the remedy by brewing and steeping the tea, just like you would if you were planning to drink it. The big difference here is that you will put the drink in the fridge to chill for a certain amount of time before placing them on your eyes for the allotted time per remedy.
- Place 2 natural green tea bags in boiling water. Wait 5 minutes and then remove the bags of water with a spoon.
- Let them stand the bags in an empty cup and warm when you place them over each eye for 15 minutes.
- Remove and feel different.
What Are The Benefits Of Green Tea Bags For Dark Circle?
These teas have two different ingredients that help: caffeine and tannins.
- Caffeineshrinks the blood vessels just under your skin. This reduces swelling and puffiness under the eyes, and the constricted blood vessels also help to eliminate the dark circles.
- Tanninsare responsible for the color and astringent flavor of the tea. The astringency also helps to constrict capillaries and blood vessels, with the same effects as the caffeine.
Additionally, here are some benefits of using tea bags for eyes:
- It helps in promoting blood circulation
- It helps in relieving eye strain
- It reduces the redness of the eyes
- It helps in reducing swollen for puffy eyes
- It helps in soothing tired eyes
- It helps in overcoming under eye bags and fluid retention
Tips And Precautions: Does Green Tea Really Help In Reducing Dark Circles?
Green tea, filled with antioxidants and plenty of tannins, is perhaps the best solution to cure these problems. Green tea consists of a number of antioxidants, such as catechins, vitamin C, vitamin E, lutein, and zeaxanthin. These components protect the delicate tissues of the eye and help keep diseases like glaucoma away. Green tea shrinks swelling and reduces the fluids around the eyes.
As with many health tips, it’s hard to generalise whether certain tips work for everyone. An often time, what works for others don’t necessary work for you. As with green tea bags, we think it can be really effective, if the underlying cause of pink eye and dark circles is due to inflammation. Tea isn’t just for sipping anymore. Add it to your beauty routine to reap the surprising benefits.
Follow These Tips And Precautions For Quick And Safe Relief:
- You should not get tea in your eyes during treatments.
- Never use tea bags that are still hot. Use cold tea bags to reduce the inflammation and blood circulation.
- Apply tea bags right after taking them from a fridge for best results.
- Always apply new tea bags for each treatment.
- Chronic eye puffiness is a sign of some serious medical conditions. So, make sure to consult your doctor if you get no relief from this problem.
- Do a patch test for each different kind of tea bag before use.
- Always remember to remove tea bag before adding other things to the tea.
- Never ever open your eyes while the tea bags or cotton pads are in use.
- Drinking any of the above teas daily helps to work from inside.
- You also have to drink plenty of water and include fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet to nourish your body.
When To See A Doctor?
If you feel your symptoms are not improving or your eye condition deteriorates further, it is important to get medical help at the earliest. If you experience itching or feel your eyes are tired, make sure you take ample rest and take out time in a day to shut your eyes and just relax.
Skin City India offers some of the best medical treatments to prevent and reduce dark circles under the eyes:
Chemical peels can reduce freckles, sun spots, age spots, liver spots, blemishes, brown blotches, melasma (dark patches due to pregnancy); lighten dark underarms, under-eye circles.
Intense Pulsed Light Treatment:
A pulsed light treatment like IPL is effective on dark circles that are caused by excessive melanin. IPL may also reduce the appearance of small capillaries, though it will not affect larger veins.
Laser treatment is another effective way to remove dark circles. Post the treatment, the skin under the eye becomes smooth and less discolored.
Blepharoplasty is an eyelid surgery designed to remove excess skin and fat deposits around the eyes, resulting in a more alert, youthful appearance that looks natural. The procedure in the process lightens dark circles.
Skin City offers both surgical and non-surgical options for facial rejuvenation. We offer everything you need to not only find your youthful glow, but keep it! We work with the best aesthetic doctors, and our priority is our patient satisfaction and safety. Our team takes pride in offering a personalized cosmetic service from start to finish.
For further consultation, you may reach out to us on 098902 25577.