Everything You Need to Know About Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA)
Don’t Sweat About Underarm Sweating, Anymore!
It’s completely OK to sweat after some physical activity or on a 40 degree summer’s day, it’s the body’s way of cooling off. However, if the temperature is pleasant, you’re not exercising, and you’re not under any stress, yet you still find sweat trickling down your scalp or a sweat patch on your clothes then that may be a sign of excessive sweating. If you’re one of those impacted by over active sweat glands which cause excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), you must know about Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA).
LSA is the treatment for underarm sweating, and is useful to destroy the sweat glands under the skin of the underarms. However, as you consider LSA, it is important to recognize the effectiveness of lasers (to treat sweating) by knowing all about Laser Sweat Ablation.
What is Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA) Treatment?
Laser sweat ablation (LSA) is the treatment for axillary hyperhidrosis (severe underarm sweating). The laser probe is inserted under the patient’s underarm skin with a small incision, making it minimally invasive. The laser beam then heats the sweat glands thus destroying them. On the elimination, the sweat glands no longer function and sweating will never occur. The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis.
A single hour-long session is all it takes to eliminate the dampness, odor and awkward underarm sweat – forever. The treatment can only be used under the arms, where the skin is loose, and cannot be adapted for hands, face or feet.
What Are The Expected Results Or Success Rate?
Unlike Botulinum Toxin (Botox) which is temporary, Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA) provides a complete cure from underarm and armpit sweating in about 70%-80% of people, although with the current technology the results are approaching 100% success.
Currently, the study shows that all procedures have shown 90% patient satisfaction after 12 months. This treatment with laser can provide excellent long term results, however, patients should expect mild to significant swelling for 1-2 weeks after the procedure depending on the device chosen. As with any medical procedure, results will vary by person.
Benefits Of Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA)
LSA can be an effective solution to excessive underarm sweat and has many benefits. The procedure is FDA-cleared and offers sweat control without harsh chemicals, toxins, or surgery. From twenty-year-old’s to sixty-year-olds, this treatment has changed the life of many. Some of the benefits are as listed below:
- You may experience little to no discomfort during and/or after treatment
- Surrounding tissues are protected during treatment by advanced cooling technology
- Post treatment, results are generally immediate and permanent
- Treatment does not need any “touch-up” sessions
- Non-active work/activities can be resumed after few days of rest
Cost of Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA)
Underarm sweating treatments as LSA have varying costs depending on the overall skin condition and a few other factors. Typically a LSA treatment costs approximately $3000 (INR 2 lakhs approx.) and the cost is subject to variation depending on the treatment area size.
For those with moderate hyperhidrosis the cost involved may be lesser than those suffering with profuse hyperhidrosis. Although a private clinic may charge up to $ 4400 (INR 3 lakhs approx.) including the consultation and the surgery cost.
Risks And Side Effects of LSA
As with any surgery one should expect some side effects which are directly related to the operation. Typically patients are able to return to normal life within 2 to 3 days after the operation. Sports activity can be gradually resumed after 2 weeks.
- Pain–Pain after LSA is minimal as the operation is done in the superficial layers of the skin.
- Swelling– A temporary swelling of the armpit area is common but it goes away within a few days.
- Temporary Skin Damage – This can occur if the skin becomes very thin during the procedure. If this occurs it takes about 2 weeks for the body to heal the damaged area.
- Wrinkles – After the procedure the skin can appear to have some wrinkles. With time this will disappear on its own.
- Recurrence – Recurrence of the sweating can happen. The recurrent sweating can be minimal compared to before the operation.
- Scarring – Minimal and not permanent.
Laser Sweat Ablation Vs miraDry
There are conservative ways to treat excessive sweating and more aggressive medical protocols available if the first lines of defense fail. Here are the most fail-proof treatments for hyperhidrosis, and what you can expect when it is Laser Sweat Ablation Vs Miradry.
- miraDry treatment provides permanent relief from excessive sweating or Hyperhidrosis.
- It is the perfect non-surgical treatment for Axillary or underarm sweating and body odor with permanent results.
- It is a safe, effective and FDA-approved
- As sweat glands don’t grow back, the procedure gives a significant reduction in sweat.
Laser Sweat Ablation
- Laser Ablation of Sweat Glands (LSA) is destruction of sweat glands with a laser.
- It is performed on the axilla or underarms under local tumescent anaesthesia.
- LSA is a successful and potentially permanent surgical treatment option for axillary hyperhidrosis.
What’s great about our minimally invasive laser treatment for hyperhidrosis is that patients receive permanent results in just one session. A single hour is all it takes to never worry about excessive underarm sweat again.
Why Choose SkinCity For LSATreatment?
For sufferers of Axillary Hyperhidrosis (underarm sweating) Laser Sweat Ablation (LSA) treatment is an effective treatment with long-lasting results. The process is less painful with little to no downtime and minimal side-effects.
After you receive treatment for excessive sweating, it is recommended that you return for a follow up appointment, by which time the treatment will have taken full effect. If you’d like to know more, contact us for a consultation by filling up online enquiry form or reach out to us on 09890225577call today!