All You Need To Know About Liposuction
If you’ve landed on this page, there’s a good chance you’re not seeing the desired results of fat loss even though you’ve been exercising and dieting. You’re putting the hard work in but you’ve still got stubborn areas of fat that diet and exercise aren’t moving. For those not blessed with Bollywood actors’ metabolism, Liposuction is a great solution to guarantee fat loss results. Rather than struggling to shift those last few inches, Liposuction targets those fatty areas to surgically sculpt your body.
What Liposuction Is?
Liposuction is not a weight loss treatment nor does it tackle obesity. Liposuction can provide an efficient solution for the removal of unwanted fat from specific areas of the body, leaving a more defined shape. Liposuction is especially effective in areas such as the buttocks, hips, thighs, abdomen, chin, upper arms, breasts and knees.
There are physiological limitations as to the quantity of fat that can be removed at any one time. Realistic expectations are the most important aspect when considering liposuction. Your surgeon will discuss the limitations surrounding this procedure at your consultation.
How Does Liposuction Work?
There are several variations on the liposuction technique, but SkinCity follows the Safe route with SAFElipo using tumescent anaesthesia. Then, a hollow tube attached to a vacuum is inserted into the fat layer beneath the skin. The tube, called a cannula, is moved through the fat layer in a push-and-pull motion to break up the fat. Then, the dislodged fat is sucked out of the body. Several incisions may be required for larger areas. Any incisions will be stitched at the end of the procedure. The area will be supported with a pressure garment. Liposuction can be used to improve the quality-of-life in people with disabling medical conditions apart from aesthetic indications.
Read Further >> How Does Liposuction Work
Types of Liposuction
Over the years, liposuction has undergone many refinements; however the following are treatments of choice, depending on the degree of fat needed to be removed:
1. Laser SafeLIPO:
is a procedure which is done under tumescent anaesthesia which is very safe as opposed to general anaesthesia which has high risk. It is minimally invasive and the fat is broken down with the help of lasers and sucked out with the help of a canula. The fat removed is gone for good. This procedure is advisable for those who are within about 30% of their ideal weight. Subsequent amounts of fat can be removed with this method, however it is meant for people in good health and a fairly fit physique.
2. Cool Sculpt:
Cryolipolysis is a non surgical method used to destroy fat cells, which results in figure correction and body contouring. Cryolipolysis is used for removing fat bulges that are just under the skin. The effectiveness of the treatment can be felt within a few weeks and complete results can be appreciated by the end of nine weeks.
How Much Will The Liposuction Treatment Cost?
Because liposuction is tailored to meet each person’s individual needs, the exact cost of liposuction in Pune can vary significantly from patient to patient. At Skin City, our novel and most effective treatments are SafeLipo and CryoLipo and they are charged as cost per session or clubbing of more than 1 session. The average cost of Liposuction treatments such as SafeLipo will cost Rs. 90,000/- (per session / part wise) and Rs. 1,50,000 (2 session / part wise). The CryoLipo cost will range from Rs. 20,000/- (per session / per probe) and Rs. 60,000/- (4 sessions / per probe).
Benefits of Non- Surgical & Minimially Invasive Liposuction
1. Body contouring
– It can enhance the shape and contour of your body.
2. Lipoma removal
– It may help to, or completely remove, lipomas, which are benign fatty tumours in certain areas of the body.
3. Reduce Gynecomastia
– It can help men suffering from gynecomastia by removing the fatty breast tissue.
4. Long lasting
– The effects of lipo are permanent for the fat cells removed.
5. A better appearance
– It can improve the appearance of someone’s body, making it more natural looking.
6. Reduce hyperhydrosis
– It can help reduce excessive sweating in the armpit areas, as well as chafing in other areas, such as the thighs.
7. Reduced downtime
– The results are for the most part immediate, so you can enhance your appearance in as little as a day. Besides swelling, which may take a few weeks to subside, the enhancements are immediate. Unlike long morbidity periods for surgical liposuction.
8. Get healthy
– It often influences better habits, such as exercise and good dieting, as the results of liposuction must be maintained.
9. Improve well-being
– It can improve a person’s well-being by improving severe imbalances and abnormalities in the body’s appearance.
Read further >> What Are the Benefits of Liposuction
The Risks Surgical Liposuction:
- Slow healing process– It has a gradual healing process that can involve moderate scarring; bruising that may last up to 4-5 months after the surgery.
- Nutritional deficiencies– It may lead to nutritional deficiencies from malabsorptive operations, or anaemia.
- Thrombophlebitis-It can cause thrombophlebitis, which is when a blood clot forms in a vein causing that vein to become significantly inflamed. This is more likely when the area treated is inside the knee or upper thigh.
- Numbness– Patients may experience numbness in certain areas for several weeks following the procedure, but numbness is usually only temporary.
- Infection– There is risk of skin infections resulting from liposuction. While this is rare, the skin infections may require surgery to fix and could result in scarring.
- Swelling– Inflammation surrounding the treated areas can occur for up to 6 months after the surgery; this can also be accompanied with fluids oozing from the incisions.
- Body fluid change– The change in fluid levels may possibly be problematic for your heart and kidney in the future.
- Pulmonary Edema-It can also be problematic for a patient’s lungs as it can cause pulmonary embolism, and it can cause pulmonary edema, which is when fluid accumulates in the lungs.
- Perils of GA– And, of course, there is always a possibility and risk of the patient having a fatal reaction, or just a bad reaction, to the anesthesia, which can always be life-threatening in the worst cases.
Read Further >> Is Liposuction Safe?
There are quite a few risks involved with surgical liposuction. Non surgical Liposuction or SafeLIPO has generally been a very safe procedure, especially if done by a qualified medical professional in a properly equipped doctor’s office, surgery center, or hospital. However, as always, you must consult your doctor to make sure liposuction is right for you, as certain conditions might increase the possibility of the risks associated with liposuction.
Are You A Candidate for Liposuction?
Liposuction is a highly individualized procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfil someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
In general, good candidates for a liposuction include:
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Non smokers
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring
If you are bothered by excess fat deposits located anywhere on your body that don’t respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you.
Read Further >> Are You A Candidate For Liposuction
Recovering From Liposuction
Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be able to have the procedure as a day time procedure. You will need pain relief medication once the anaesthesia wears off. You may need to wear an elastic support garment for two to six weeks after surgery. Once the swelling has decreased you will notice a difference in your body contour. However it may take up to six weeks to the area to settle.
Read further >> 10 Tips for Quick Liposuction Recovery
How Much Fat Can Be Removed In Liposuction?
Generally, the amount of fat removed during a typical liposuction surgery ranges from 1-4kgs.If a patient stays at his or her bodyweight after the procedure, fat will not come back to the body. For example, if a patient’s body weight is 70kg after the liposuction procedure, fat will not come back to the body if the patient maintains or drops his body weight below 70kg.
Fat cells, however, accumulate less often on the treated areas. So, if you were to gain weight after the procedure, the results of your liposuction surgery will still be visible in your treatment area. The reasons that this occurs is because the fat must go somewhere on the body. The treatment areas where fat cells have been removed by liposuction will accumulate little or no fat, while in areas not treated by liposuction, more fat will be deposited.
Is Liposuction Permanent?
The liposuction procedure is very effective for removing small fatty deposits, but it won’t help you actually lose weight. The areas treated by liposuction have the fat cells permanently removed and the new, enhanced body shape is more or less permanent, provided you don’t gain an excessive amount of weight.
Patients who do gain weight after liposuction tend to simply increase in size. The fat cells in other areas of the body will expand, so the new shape won’t be destroyed by gaining a few kgs. However, there is always the risk of gaining too much weight, which can stimulate the growth of new fat cells. This usually occurs after a 10% increase in body weight, which is more than the average person should gain if they are attempting to stay in shape.
Do You Need A Tummy Tuck Or Liposuction?
Thanks to technology and doctors from Skin City, having SafeLIPO procedure is like drinking water. It is that easy with patients testifying to the professionalism of the facility and the results.
Read Further >> Difference Between Tummy Tuck and Liposuction
The options of having a cosmetic procedure done to re-contour and re-shape your body are no more difficult as before. However, we are going to look at two very popular methods and differentiate them on different grounds giving you a comprehensive insight on which is best for you.
A) Tummy Tuck
- Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck is frequently used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen.
- There are two main types of tummy tuck, partial and full, both of which are performed under general anaesthesia.
- The operation can take several hours, and you will likely have to stay in hospital for a few days afterwards.
- It can take several weeks of healing before you can return to your full daily activities and several months for bruising and swelling to subside so that you can enjoy the full benefits of your tummy tuck procedure.
B) Safe Liposuction
- Liposuction also aims to improve the appearance of your abdomen.
Bear in mind that liposuction is not just confined to the abdomen but can be performed on other parts of the body, such as hips, arms and thighs.
Read Further >> 5 Things To Expect After Liposuction Surgery
Read Further >> Difference Between Liposculpture And Liposuction
Schedule an Appointment with Skin City
At Skin City, we are proud to offer you SafeLIPO which is minimally invasive and has no risk whatsoever from anesthesia. Our holistic care offers you the best treatment! At our clinics you won’t have to wait for an appointment for your surgery, whether it’s for SafeLIPO or Cryo Liposuction. We are a cosmetic facility that will give you answers to your questions and have qualified, certified and approve doctors perform any option you decide upon.
The article above has given you an insight into the difference and what to experience during Liposuction but if you need more information a one on one consultation will help, then visit Skin City India now. If you’re ready to make an appointment, fill up the form here and we’ll get back to you.