What Is Autologous Fat Transfer? How It Is Treated?
Autologous fat is the most natural and economical filler used to improve the contours of the body.
SkinCity, empowered with SafeLIPO, is a dermatological centre of excellence for fat transfer. Depressed cheeks, depressed accidental scars, under eyes hollows (tear trough), lip augmentation are some indications for which fat from the same individual is used as a filler.
Dr. Dhepe is an ‘International Travelling Master’ of ASDS: American Society of Dermatology surgery to train Dermatologists across the world on Fat transfer, lasers, and other technologies.
What is autologous fat transfer?
An Autologous Fat Transfer treatment is a procedure where excess fat from one part of the body is harvested, and then re-injected into another part of the body to either enhance or replace the lost volume.
Fat is removed from unwanted fat pouches of a person’s body is injected at the sites which require filling e.g. scars, hollow cheeks, temples, lips, breasts. Since it is one’s own fat cells, there are no allergic reactions or unwanted side effect seen.
Which areas can be treated?
Almost every part of the body can be treated using a fat transfer procedure. The most common areas are:
- Breasts: an autologous fat transfer breast or fat grafting breast augmentation to give fuller and uplifted looking breasts;
- Buttocks: an autologous fat transfer for buttock augmentation to achieve the Brazilian butt lift;
- Face: to fill in the hollowness of the temples, cheeks, brows, and folds to create a more youthful appearance;
- Hands: to restore subcutaneous fat loss on the back of the hands; and
- Scars: an autologous fat is injected beneath the skin surface to elevate depressed surgical and acne scars.
The entire procedure is done under local anaesthesia and the patient walks out an hour after the 2- 3 hours procedure.
How long will the results last?
The duration of the results of autologous fat transfer procedure differs from person to person. The body reabsorbs the injected fat over a period of time but more than 50% of the injected volume remains in place permanently. Repeat sessions help to maintain the desired volume.
Everything you need to know about gentle and natural body contouring is right here at Skin City. Visit our website to know more about the procedure: www.skincityindia.com