What is Cryolipolysis? Safety and Efficacy of Cryolipolysis Treatment
Body shape majorly affects your confidence. If you have bulging tummy, love handles, bulky thighs, you feel shy to go out for social occasions and get restricted to wear certain kinds of clothes, eventually affecting your personal, social financial growth. At Skin City, we haven’t stopped at providing just world class skin, hair and cosmetic services, but we are also offering body shaping services.
- Safe Liposuction
What is cryolipolysis?
• Cryo = cold, lipo = fat, lysis = breakdown. It literally means fat breakdown through cold.
• Fat cells are sensitive to low temperatures and get destroyed by apoptosis process after being exposed to cold probe of the machine.
• The device safely targets the fat layer without affecting the overlying skin and slowly crystallizes the fat cell contents. During the following two months, the melted fat is gradually eliminated via natural metabolic processes.
What are the indications for cryolipolysis?
Small to moderately full fat bulges resistant to diet and exercise eg: tummy, waist, buttocks, thighs.
How is the procedure performed
• The probe of cryolipolysis machine is placed on the area to be treated, it sucks the stubborn fat by creating vaccum and then it is exposed to -8 degree celcius temperature.
• The initial intense cold feeling gradually disappears because of the cold’s numbing effect.
• Normally there is no discomfort post procedure. Some patients may experience a tingling sensation for few hours to few days in which resolves on its own.
• Results are visible usually within two months.
• Depending on the initial thickness of the fat pad, more than one treatment can be performed.
• Because there are no needles, no injections and no drugs involved, there is no aftercare. Patients may drive home and resume all activities.
How many treatments? How often?
• The treatments are performed 2 times per area spaced 3 months apart
• Cryolipolysis can be associated with complementary treatments (cavitation, radiofrequency)
At Skin City, we feel proud and excited to offer Cryolipolysis to our patients as a painless, liposuction alternative. Patients experience an initial cool sensation with no discomfort during their CoolSculpting procedure. After having CoolSculpting performed in our comfortable rooms, patients can immediately resume their normal activities, including work and exercise. For more information about Cryolipolysis contact your nearest Skin City clinic today!