Why Vitamin D is Necessary for Your Body?
There are plenty of benefits to getting the proper amount of Vitamin D, and it’s worth the time and efforts to make sure that you’re topped up on it. This should be done with a combination of food, sunshine, and a supplement if needed. Vitamin D is one of a unique vitamins out there because your body can actually manufacture it by getting regular exposure to the sun, and you can run a deficiency if you avoid the sun altogether. Vitamin D has plenty of benefits for skin, hair, and health. Vitamin D benefits include the following:
Here are the Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- It helps the intestine to absorb nutrients, calcium and phosphorus. This ensures strong bones and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin D provides calcium balance in the body and prevents arthritis.
- Vitamin D regulates blood pressure and reduces stress and tension. It also relieves body aches and pains by reducing muscle spasms. It also reduces respiratory infection.
- Vitamin D is recommended in the treatment of several diseases. It may prevent preeclampsia by improving kidney functions.
- Vitamin D optimizes our body’s ability to absorb other important weight loss nutrients, especially calcium.
- It is an important way to arm the immune system against disorders like cold and flu.
- It also reduces the risk of developing sclerosis.
- Vitamin D keeps the brain active even at later stages of life. It also helps to maintain body weight.
- Vitamin D also helps to improve mental sharpness.
Skin Benefits of Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3 are most beneficial for skin health.
- Vitamin D Cream or supplements can be effective for treatment of psoriasis.
- Vitamin D also repairs skin damage prevents infections that might be caused due to skin injuries and rejuvenates the skin.
- Vitamin D can treat psoriasis.
- Vitamin D3 contains strong anti-inflammatory properties which make it effective for treating burns, skin injuries, skin damage and stretch marks.
- The anti-oxidant present in Vitamin D prevents skin damage and premature ageing of skin when taken via supplements or included in diet.
- Vitamin D absorbed through limited exposure to the sun might prevent skin damage and sunburns by strengthening the skin.
- Vitamin D also helps to treat eczema and is a potential savior of rosacea sufferers.
Hair Benefits of Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D reduces stress, and depression, and has often been linked to hair loss and various other problems.
- Vitamin D is also a precursor to the hair growth cycle. Vitamin D acts on the keratinocytes to initiate hair follicle cycling and stimulate hair growth.
Looking at the benefits of vitamin D we must ensure that we get adequate doses of it from sunlight and from our diet. Always consider a doctor before popping pills as an overdose of vitamin D can be harmful. Take vitamin pills on your doctor’s advice and enjoy the sunshine. Stay fit, stay healthy!