With heaps of beauty practitioners in big cities claiming their expertise in advance beauty treatments’, it can seldom confuse consumers to choose that one dermatologist who understands your skin concerns and gives you a proper solution.
Firstly, it is very important to understand your skin type and the skin treatments you can do when you face natural skin issues.
Regular skin is smooth with good circulation with no noticeable trace of blemishes or sebum (oil) is seen on the tissue. It has a soft, smooth, even skin tone and has its own natural shine.
Dry Skin has the lowest level of sebum and has its own natural skin oil, which can often feel flaky if not well hydrated or when wiped too often. It often requires the need to apply moisturizer to keep the skin soft and supple.
Oily skin produces natural oil more than necessary, and as a result, the skin appears to be very shiny and lifeless. To maintain your skin texture and to keep acne at bay, regular use of soap-free cleansers is recommended.
The ‘T-Zone’ of your face, which is basically the forehead, nose and chin are usually greasy, while the remaining part of the face is reasonably dry. You need to use products as per the changes in climatic conditions to suit your skin.
Now that you are aware of your skin type, following a regime will help your skin to maintain a natural balance, and choosing to use products that are made exclusively for your complexion. So, here’s how you can care for your own skin complexion by following a regime.
Regular Skin Treatment:
– Wash your face at least 2 times a day with a regular PH balanced face wash to keep the skin pores tight.
– Apply sunscreen lotions with high SPF to regulate epidermis.
– Apply a night lotion/light lotion in the evening to keep your skin hydrated.
– Use a cleansing milk to remove make up and finish off with a good face wash.
– Exfoliate your skin at least once in two weeks and apply a non-drying face mask thereafter.
Dry Skin Treatment:
– Use a face wash only once a day that has a creamy texture, and is 230PH balanced which matches your skin texture.
– Avoid using toners.
– Once you are done with the cleansing of your face, use a moisturizer consisting Squalene, Vitamin E, Omega-3 fatty acid, etc.
– Use a broad spectrum high SPF sunscreen post cleansing.
– Cream based makeup products are ideal for your skin.
– Pampering your skin with weekly hydrating masks and facials done once a month works wonders for your skin.
Oily Skin Care Treatment:
– When using a face wash, use a foaming face wash consisting of hydroxyl acids, salicylic acid etc. The usage should not exceed more than 3-4 times in a day, following it up with an alcohol free toner.
– You need not need a moisturizer.
– Usage of non-comedogenic with large SPF sunscreen is highly advised.
– Water based makeup products are ideal for your skin.
– Use an exfoliating scrub, anti-acne mask on a weekly basis if you have acne issues.
Combination Skin Care Treatment:
– Always wash your face with a gentle, water-soluble based cleanser to prevent dryness.
– Avoid soap on your face, regardless of their claims.
– Use toners filled with skin-repairing ingredients.
– Sunscreen must be used every day, regardless of climate.
As we know that skin is the most delicate and biggest organ of human body, it should hence be treated with utmost care. Follow these handy tips to keep your skin supple, healthy and beautiful.