An incredibly effective Hair Loss Solution is fast becoming one of the most demanded solutions to hair loss- that’s Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP).
SMP can change your appearance in just a few hours.
SMP is the art of placing pigment into the scalp in order to either create the illusion of a short shaved, stubble, or buzzcut hairstyle, ideal for balding men and women with little or no hair, or can be used to camouflage the scalp in order to create the appearance of density within longer hair. Also known as a hair tattoo, it is also one of the best solutions for scar camouflage within hair, particularly FUE plug scars and FUT strip scars resulting from hair transplant surgery procedures.
Read further, Scalp Micropigmentation: All You Need To Know About Treatment, Side Effects & Cost
Using a method of pointillism, your artist will deposit tiny follicle-size pigments that imitate actual hair follicles. Through this procedure, we can create stronger hairlines and the appearance of thicker hair. With 2-3 sessions, you can eliminate pattern baldness or a receding hairline.
It’s so natural, it is unreal.
What Can SMP Treat?
- Male Pattern Baldness
- Receding Hairlines
- Thinning Hair & Hair loss
- Surgical & Transplant Scars
Guidelines for Scalp Micro Pigmentation Aftercare
On the internet, you will find a lot of aftercare guidelines for SMP. The trouble is a lot of so-called guidelines could be conflicting advice. This is why this comprehensive guide should help you out in making all the right decisions along the way.
The biggest problem with SMP is that there are many men & women who are done with their treatments, but have absolutely no idea what to do afterwards. If you’re not sure how to care for your new look, the information below should serve you well.
Long Term Care
Many so-called professionals will only add confusion to the table when they explain aftercare. To make things perfectly simple, you need to make sure that your lifestyle is balanced – you cannot end up obsessing over your SMP treatment.
The long-term guidelines that you can follow are the following:
- Make sure you have proper sun protection each time you are in the sun, at least for the scalp, in order to preserve the pigmentation. Consider using an SPF15 on your head.
- Make sure you do not use cosmetics and other products, which contain a high value of alcohol in them.
- Use an exfoliating cleanser as often as possible throughout the week.
- Make sure that our scalp is properly moisturised every day.
Short Term Care
Of course, all this needlework will require your scalp to heal a bit, and this means that you cannot allow yourself to interfere with it at all for the next few days. There are scabs that form over each of the needle marks, and when they heal up, they take a bit of the pigment with them. This is considered as fading by many people, even though it is not exactly that. There are some short-term cares you must do after the session:
- Do not wash your head in any way for at least 3 days following a treatment.
- Do not go to gyms, saunas, beaches or other places where you can sweat.
- On the fourth day you can use only water to wash your scalp, and start moisturising for the next session.
- A gentle facial cleanser can be used for cleaning the scalp after 7 days.
- Any abrasive factors such as sunbathing, exfoliating or heavy sweating should be avoided for a month after the final treatment.
- About a month after it has ended, you can continue living life to the fullest.
Scalp Micropigmentation at Skin City
We are delighted to be able to offer all our clients the opportunity to take advantage of Skin City’s world renowned and life changing hair restoration procedures. We are excited to be offering our remarkable SMP or Scalp Micro Pigmentation procedure you with the same high ethics and stringent quality standards that we apply to all our surgical procedures. We offer the most natural hair loss solution for balding, thinning hair, transplant scars, and alopecia. We replicate tiny hair follicles to give the look of a buzz cut or short hair stubble. Call us today for the solutions available, few are as immediate, permanent, realistic, hassle-free, non-invasive and cost-effective as the SMP technique.